Robust methods of building regression models : an application to the housing sector
AbstractThis article studies robustification strategies for the linear model in the presence of outliers. The advantages of an internal analysis of the robustness of least squares for a given sample are pointed out. The application of this methodology is illustrated by building an explicit model of the determinants of rental housing values in the Madrid Metropolitan Area.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid in its series Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid with number info:hdl:10016/4765.
Length: 22 p.
Date of creation: Jan 1984
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Business and Economic Statistics (1984-01) v.v. 2, p.10-20
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.uc3m.es
Outliers; Influential observations; Robust regression; Cook distance; Hedonic price function; Housing market;
Other versions of this item:
- Pena, Daniel & Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 1984. "Robust Methods of Building Regression Models-An Application to the Housing Sector," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(1), pages 10-20, January.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raquel Arévalo & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2006.
"On the Imputation of Rental Prices to Owner-occupied Housing,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(4), pages 830-861, 06.
- Ruiz-Castillo, Javier & Arévalo, Raquel, 2006. "On the imputation of rental prices to owner-occupied housing," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4743, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Bover, Olympia & Velilla Lucini, Pilar, 2002.
"Hedonic House Prices Without Characteristics: The Case of New Multiunit Housing,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3161, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bover, Olympia & Velilla, Pilar, 2002. "Hedonic house prices without characteristics: the case of new multiunit housing," Working Paper Series 0117, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Contact person).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.