Precision performances of terminal conditions for short time horizons forward-looking systems
AbstractIn this paper, we investigate both theoretically and empirically the numerical bias due to the truncation of structurally infinite time forward-Iooking models, by the means of various terminal conditions. We shed light on the difficulties of numerical control using the latter instrurnents, and recornrnend a prior investigation of the individual dynamics generated by each variable of the models under consideration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid in its series Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid with number info:hdl:10016/3909.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.uc3m.es
Expectations; Large scale models; Solution time horizons; Terminal conditions;
Other versions of this item:
- Boucekkine, Raouf & Juillard, Michel & Malgrange, Pierre, 1997. "Precision Performances of Terminal Conditions for Short Time Horizons Forward-Looking Systems," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 169-86, May.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Boucekkine, Raouf, 1995. "An alternative methodology for solving nonlinear forward-looking models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 711-734, May.
- Boucekkine, Raouf, . "Terminal conditions as efficent instruments for numerical detection of the saddlepoint paths: a linear algebra non-robustness argument," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/2898, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Hall, S G, 1985. "On the Solution of Large Economic Models with Consistent Expectations," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 157-61, May.
- Juillard, Michel, 1996. "Dynare : a program for the resolution and simulation of dynamic models with forward variables through the use of a relaxation algorithm," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9602, CEPREMAP.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Contact person).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.