Estimating Intertemporal Quadratic Adjustment Cost Models with Integrated Series
AbstractWe consider the estimation of parameters in Euler equations where regressand and regressors may be nonstationary, and propose a several-stage procedure requiring only knowledge of the Euler equation and the order of integration of the data. This procedure uses the information gained from pre-testing for the order of integration of data series to improve specification and estimation. We can also offer an explanation of the frequent empirical finding that discount rates and adjustment costs are poorly estimated. Both analytical and experimental (Monte Carlo) results are provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid in its series Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid with number info:hdl:10016/3320.
Length: 938 p.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.uc3m.es
Other versions of this item:
- Dolado, Juan & Galbraith, John W & Banerjee, Anindya, 1991. "Estimating Intertemporal Quadratic Adjustment Cost Models with Integrated Series," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(4), pages 919-36, November.
- Dolado, J. & Galbraith, J.W. & Banerjee, A., 1991. "Estimating Intertemporal Quadratic Adjustment Cost Models with Integrated Series," Economics Series Working Papers 99111, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert A. Amano, .
"Empirical Evidence on the Cost of Adjustment and Dynamic Labour Demand,"
95-3, Bank of Canada.
- Robert A. Amano, 1995. "Empirical Evidence on the Cost of Adjustment and Dynamic Labour Demand," Macroeconomics 9505001, EconWPA.
- Amano, Robert A. & Wirjanto, Tony S., 1997. "Adjustment costs and import demand behavior: evidence from Canada and the United States," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 461-476, June.
- Jean-Pierre Urbain & Franz Palm & David de la Croix, 2000.
"Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons,"
Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 393-419.
- Croix,David,de la & Palm,Franz & Urbain,Jean-Pierre, 1996. "Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons," Research Memoranda 016, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Croix, David de la & Palm, Franz & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 2000. "Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-5776, Maastricht University.
- de la Croix, David & Palm, Franz & Urbain, Jean-Pierre, 1996. "Labor market dynamics when effort depends on wage growth comparisons," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1996019, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Sep 1996.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, .
"The Dynamic Behaviour of Canadian Imports and the Linear-Quadratic Model: Evidence Based on the Euler Equation,"
94-6, Bank of Canada.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, 1994. "The Dynamic Behaviour of Canadian Imports and the Linear-Quadratic Model: Evidence Based on the Euler Equation," Econometrics 9406002, EconWPA.
- Anindya BANERJEE & Paul MIZEN, 2003.
"A Re-interpretation of the Linear-Quadratic Model When Inventories and Sales are Polynomially Cointegrated,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2003/11, European University Institute.
- Paul Mizen & Anindya Banerjee, 2006. "A re-interpretation of the linear quadratic model when inventories and sales are polynomially cointegrated," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 1249-1264.
- Engsted, Tom, 2002. " Measures of Fit for Rational Expectations Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 301-55, July.
- Willman, Alpo, 2003. "Consumption, habit persistence, imperfect information and the lifetime budget constraint," Working Paper Series 0251, European Central Bank.
- Jaebeom Kim & Masao Ogaki & Minseok Yang, 2003. "Structural Error Correction Models: Instrumental Variables Methods and an application to an exchange rate model," RCER Working Papers 502, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Gregory, Allan W. & Nason, James M. & Watt, David G., 1996. "Testing for structural breaks in cointegrated relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 321-341.
- Pål Boug & Ådne Cappelen & Anders R. Swensen, 2000. "Expectations in Export Price Formation Tests using Cointegrated VAR Models," Discussion Papers 283, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, 1994.
"A Further Analysis of Exchange Rate Targeting in Canada,"
9406001, EconWPA, revised 22 Jun 1994.
- Robert A. Amano & Tony S. Wirjanto, . "A Further Analysis of Exchange Rate Targeting in Canada," Working Papers 94-2, Bank of Canada.
- repec:aah:aarhec:1997-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Engsted, Tom & Haldrup, Niels, 1997. "Money demand, adjustment costs, and forward-looking behavior," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 153-173, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Contact person).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.