Asymptotic inference results for multivariate long-memory processes
AbstractIn this paper, we extend the well-known Sims, Stock and Watson (SSW)(Sims et al. 1990; Econometrica 56, 113?44), analysis on estimation and testing in vector autoregressive process (VARs) with integer unit roots and deterministic components to a more general set-up where non-stationary fractionally integrated (NFI) processes are considered. In particular, we focus on partial VAR models where the conditioning variables are NFI since this is the only finite-lag VAR model compatible with such processes. We show how SSW?s conclusions remain valid. This means that whenever a block of coefficients in the partial VAR can be written as coefficients on zero-mean I(0) regressors in models including a constant term, they will have a joint asymptotic normal distribution. Monte Carlo simulations and an empirical application of our theoretical results are also provided.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid in its series Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid with number info:hdl:10016/3207.
Length: 192 p.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.uc3m.es
Vector fractionally integrated processes; Fractional cointegration; Granger causality; Permanent income hypothesis;
Other versions of this item:
- Juan J. Dolado & Francesc Marmol, 2004. "Asymptotic inference results for multivariate long-memory processes," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(1), pages 168-190, 06.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan J. Dolado & Jesús Gonzalo & Laura Mayoral, 2005. "Testing I(1) against I(d) alternatives in the presence of deteministic components," Economics Working Papers 957, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Nielsen, Morten Orregaard, 2005. "Noncontemporaneous cointegration and the importance of timing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 113-119, January.
- Avarucci, Marco & Marinucci, Domenico, .
"Polynomial cointegration among stationary processes with long memory,"
Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
info:hdl:10016/351, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Marco Avarucci & Domenico Marinucci, 2005. "Polynomial Cointegration Among Stationary Processes With Long Memory," Economics Working Papers we055123, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Bent Jesper Christensen & Robinson Kruse & Philipp Sibbertsen, 2013.
"A unified framework for testing in the linear regression model under unknown order of fractional integration,"
CREATES Research Papers
2013-35, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Christensen, Bent Jesper & Kruse, Robinson & Sibbertsen, Philipp, 2013. "A unified framework for testing in the linear regression model under unknown order of fractional integration," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-519, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Nielsen, Morten Orregaard & Shimotsu, Katsumi, 2007.
"Determining the cointegrating rank in nonstationary fractional systems by the exact local Whittle approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 574-596, December.
- Katsumi Shimotsu & Morten Ørregaard Nielsen, 2006. "Determining the Cointegrating Rank in Nonstationary Fractional Systems by the Exact Local Whittle Approach," Working Papers 1029, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Dietmar Bauer & Alex Maynard, 2010. "Persistence-robust Granger causality testing," Working Papers 1011, University of Guelph, Department of Economics.
- Juan J. Dolado & Jesús Gonzalo & Laura Mayoral, 2003. "Testing for a Unit Root Against Fractional Alternatives in the Presence of a Maintained Trend," Working Papers 29, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Katarzyna Lasak, 2008. "Maximum likelihood estimation of fractionally cointegrated systems," CREATES Research Papers 2008-53, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Contact person).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.