Further evidence on the Real Interest Rate Parity hypothesis in Central and Eastern European Countries: unit roots and nonlinearities
AbstractThis paper analyses the empirical fulfilment of the Real Interest Rate Parity (RIRP) theory for a pool of Central and Eastern European Countries. To do so, we apply the recently developed Ng and Perron (2001) unit root tests, that are corrected versions of existing unit root tests and the Kapetanios et al. (2003) unit root test which generalises the alternative hypothesis to the globally stationary smooth transition autoregression model. Our results point to the existence of evidence in favour of the empirical fulfilment of the RIRP, in particular, when taking into account the possibility of nonlinearities in the real interest rate differential.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division in its series Working Papers with number 2009/1.
Date of creation: Jan 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.ntu.ac.uk/nbs
Real Interest Rate parity; Unit Roots; nonlinearities; Central and East Europe.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-02-22 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2009-02-22 (International Finance)
- NEP-TRA-2009-02-22 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pelin Oge Guney & Erdinc Telatar & Mubariz Hasanov, 2012. "Time Series Behaviour of the Real Interest Rates in Transition Economies," Hacettepe University Department of Economics Working Papers 20125, Hacettepe University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simeon Coleman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.