The "New Keynesian" Phillips Curve: Closed Economy vs. Open Economy
AbstractThe paper extends Woodford's (2000) analysis of the closed economy Phillips curve to an open economy with both commodity trade and capital mobility. We show that consumption smoothing, which comes with the opening of the capital market, raises the degree of strategic complementarity among monopolistically competitive suppliers, thus rendering prices more sticky and magnifying output responses to nominal GDP shocks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Working Papers with number 8313.
Date of creation: Jun 2001
Date of revision:
Publication status: published as Razin, Assaf and Chi-Wa Yuen. "The 'New Keynesian' Phillips Curve: Closed Economy Versus Open Economy," Economics Letters, 2002, v75(1,Mar), 1-9.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E1 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 1987. "Monopolistic Competition and the Effects of Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 647-66, September.
- Loungani, Prakash & Razin, Assaf & Yuen, Chi-Wa, 1997.
"Capital Mobility and the Output-Inflation Tradeoff,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1577, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Loungani, Prakash & Razin, Assaf & Yuen, Chi-Wa, 2001. "Capital mobility and the output-inflation tradeoff," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 255-274, February.
- Assaf Razin & Prakash Loungani & Chi-Wa Yuen, 2000. "Capital Mobility and the Output-Inflation Tradeoff," IMF Working Papers 00/87, International Monetary Fund.
- Loungani, P. & Eazin, A. & Yuen, C.W., 1996. "Capital Mobility and the Output-Inflation Tradeoff," Papers 38-96, Tel Aviv.
- Prakash Loungani & Assaf Razin & Chi-Wa Yuen, 1997. "Capital mobility and the output-inflation tradeoff," International Finance Discussion Papers 577, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.