Dynamic Behavior of Capital Accumulation in a Cash-in-Advance Model
AbstractThis paper analyzes the dynamic behavior of capital accumulationin Stockman's (1981) cash-in-advance model. If the cash-in-advance constraint applies only to consuittion, then money is superneutral along the transition path as well as in the long run. Alternatively, if the cash-in-advance constraint applies to gross investment as well as consumption, then a permanent increase in the rate of monetary growth reduces the steady state capital stock. The effect on the speed of adjustment depends on the sign of a certain simple function of the parameters of preferences and technology.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Working Papers with number 1549.
Date of creation: Jan 1986
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Abel, Andrew B., 1985. "Dynamic behavior of capital accumulation in a cash-in-advance model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 55-71, July.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abel, Andrew B., 1987.
"Optimal monetary growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 437-450, May.
- Andrew B. Abel, . "Optimal Monetary Growth," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew B. Abel, . "Optimal Monetary Growth," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew B. Abel, 1987. "Optimal Monetary Growth," NBER Working Papers 2136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brock, William A., 1975. "A simple perfect foresight monetary model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 133-150, April.
- Stockman, Alan C., 1981. "Anticipated inflation and the capital stock in a cash in-advance economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 387-393.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.