Estimated Effects of the October 1979 Change in Monetary Policy on the 1980 Economy
AbstractOn October 6. 1979, the Federal Reserve announced what most people interpreted as a change in monetary policy. The purpose of this paper is to estimate the effects of this change on the 1980-81 economy. The effects of the change are estimated from simulations with my model of the U.S. economy (1976, 1980b).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Working Papers with number 0538.
Date of creation: Aug 1980
Date of revision:
Publication status: published as Fair, Ray C. "Estimated Effects of the October 1979 Change in Monetary Policy on the 1980 Economy." The American Economic Review, Vol. 71, No. 2, (May 1981), pp. 160-165.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buiter, Willem H, 1978. "Short-run and Long-run Effects of External Disturbances under a Floating Exchange Rate," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 45(179), pages 251-72, August.
- P. Krugman & L. Taylor, 1976.
"Contractionary Effects of Devaluations,"
Working papers, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics
191, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1980. "Exchange Rates and the Current Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 960-71, December.
- Calvo, Guillermo A & Rodriguez, Carlos Alfredo, 1977. "A Model of Exchange Rate Determination under Currency Substitution and Rational Expectations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 617-25, June.
- Van Duyne, Carl, 1979. "The macroeconomic effects of commodity market disruptions in open economies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 559-582, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.