Determinants of Pediatric Care Utilization
AbstractThe purpose of this paper is to understand the determinants of utilization of pediatric care -- care rendered to children by all physicians. Multivariate techniques are employed to examine four measures of pediatric care utilization in a national sample of children between the ages of 1 and 5. These measures are the probability of contacting a physician within the past year, the probability of obtaining a preventive physical examination within the past year, the number of office visits to physicians in private practice by children with positive visits, and the average quality of these visits.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Working Papers with number 0240.
Date of creation: Apr 1979
Date of revision:
Publication status: published as Victor R. Fuchs and Joseph P. Newhouse, eds.. "The Economics of Physician and Patient Behavior" Journal of Human Resources, Supplement to Volume 13 (1978)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bautista, Cristina M., 1995. "Patterns of Health Care Expenditures, Utilization and Demand for Medical Care in Sample Philippine Households," Discussion Papers DP 1995-09, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Jaume Puig & Marc Sáez & Esther Martínez Garcia, 1998.
"Health care provider choice in the case of patient-initiated contacts. An extended version of discrete choice of model demand,"
Economics Working Papers
308, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jaume Puig & Marc Sáez & Esther Martínez Garcia, 1998. "Health care provider choice in the case of patient-initiated contacts. An extended version of discrete choice of model demand," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 308, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- H. Naci Mocan & Erdal Tekin & Jeffrey S. Zax, 2000.
"The Demand for Medical Care in Urban China,"
NBER Working Papers
7673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Theodore J. Joyce & Michael Grossman & Fred Goldman, 1989.
"An Assessment of the Benefits of Air Pollution Control: The Case of Infant Health,"
NBER Working Papers
1928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joyce, Theodore J. & Grossman, Michael & Goldman, Fred, 1989. "An assessment of the benefits of air pollution control: The case of infant health," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 32-51, January.
- Linda N. Edwards & Michael Grossman, 1979. "Adolescent Health, Family Background, and Preventive Medical Care," NBER Working Papers 0398, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Grossman, 2003. "Household Production and Health," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 331-342, December.
- Janet Currie & Duncan Thomas, 1993. "Medicaid and Medical Care for Children," NBER Working Papers 4284, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.