Intertemporal and Spatial Depletion of Landfills
AbstractThis paper generalizes Hotelling's (1931) theory of nonrenewable resources to situations where resource pools and their users are distributed spacially. Extraction and transport costs are assumed to be linear in the rate of extraction, but utilization of each deposit may require a setup cost.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques in its series Cahiers de recherche with number 9718.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: CP 6128, Succ. Centre-Ville, Montréal, Québec, H3C 3J7
Phone: (514) 343-6540
Fax: (514) 343-5831
Web page: http://www.sceco.umontreal.ca
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Gaudet, G. & Moreaux, M. & Salant, S.W., 1997. "Intertemporal and Spatial Depletion of Landfills," Cahiers de recherche 9718, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Gaudet, G. & Moreaux, M. & Salant, S.W., 1997. "Intertemporal and Spatial Depletion of Landfills," Papers 97-07, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Q30 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- R10 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco J. André & Francisco Velasco & Luis González, 2004.
"Intertemporal and Spatial Location of Disposal Facilities,"
Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces
E2004/74, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Francisco André & Francisco Velasco & Luis Gonzalez-Abril, 2009. "Intertemporal and spatial location of disposal facilities," Spanish Economic Review, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 23-49, March.
- Andre, F.J. & Velasco, F. & Gonzalez, L., 2004. "Intertemporal and Spatial Location of Disposal Facilities," Discussion Paper 2004-30, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- F. Velasco & F.J. AndrÃ©, 2004. "Intertemporal and Spatial Location of Disposal Facilities," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 153, Society for Computational Economics.
- Francisco J. André & Emilio Cerdá, 2005. "Gestión de residuos sólidos urbanos: Análisis económico y políticas públicas," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2005/23, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Zhao, Xiaobing & Fletcher, Jerald J., 2004. "An Optimal Control Approach To Water Quality Trading: Cost-Effective Point/Nonpoint Management In A Watershed Framework," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20195, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sharon BREWER).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.