A Comparison Of The Appraisal Systems And Appraisal-Compensation Interlinks Used By Estonian Public And Private Universities
AbstractThe performance appraisal and compensation aspects in the public and private universities have growing importance. Even publicly funded universities have to seek for additional resources from private market and thus monitor and develop their performance accordingly. The purpose of this study is to compare performance appraisal as well as compensation policies and systems in Estonian public and private universities in order to determine the possible differences. The results indicate no major differences between two investigated sub-samples. Yet, private universities seem to value student feedback and other market-driven appraisal aspects slightly more than public universities, who value more development interviews.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia) in its series University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series with number 41.
Length: 60 pages
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
performance appraisal and management; appraisal-compensation interlink; academic institutions; public vs. private;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executive Compensation
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hartog, D.N. den & Boselie, J.P.E.F. & Paauwe, J., 2004. "Performance Management: A model and research agenda," Research Paper ERS-2004-068-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tonu Roolaht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.