A New Approach to Model GNP Functions: An Application of Non-Separable Two-Stage Technologies
AbstractThis paper shows that two-stage technologies can provide a general procedure for combining profit and value-added functions to obtain new specifications of import demand and output supply systems. In such technologies, we assume that imports interact with other exogenous variables to produce intermediate inputs, which are in turn used to produce final outputs. To show that utility of this new approach, we use it to specify and estimate the Australian GNP function.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics in its series Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers with number 8/98.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: PO Box 11E, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia
Web page: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/depts/ebs/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simone Grose).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.