Modelling Export Activity in a Multicountry Economic Area : The APEC Case
AbstractThe gravity model has long been used fro modelling and predicting trade flows. This paper generalises the gravity model allowing for proper representation of local and target country effects and also the business cyles.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics in its series Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers with number 1/97.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: PO Box 11E, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia
Web page: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/depts/ebs/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pemasiri J Gunawardana & Ramya Hewarathna, 2000. "The Asian Crisis and Australia-East Asia Trade Flows: A Modified Gravity Approach," Working Papers 2000.13, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Jesmin Rahman & Tianli Zhao, 2013. "Export Performance in Europe: What Do We Know from Supply Links?," IMF Working Papers 13/62, International Monetary Fund.
- László Mátyás & László Kónya & Mark N. Harris, 2000. "Modelling Export Activity of Eleven APEC Countries," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2000n05, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Gunawardana, Pemasiri, 2005. "The Asian Currency Crisis and Australian Exports to East Asia," Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 35(1-2), pages 73-90, March/Sep.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simone Grose).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.