Dynamique des ressources renouvelables et actualisation endogène
AbstractThis paper develops a simple model of optimal growth with renewable resource and endogenous discounting. Relaxing the time-additivity preference hypothesis allows to make endogenous the rate of time preference and to reconsider the dynamics of models with concave resource. The possibility of multiples equilibria with thresholds is examinated in this setup. It is also underlined the importance of initial conditions, particularly in terms of environmental resource, on the long run dynamic of economies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques with number v05084.
Length: 24 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2005
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Renewable resource; growth; endogenous discounting; multiple equilibria.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - General
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2006-01-01 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2006-01-01 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2006-01-01 (Macroeconomics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yanase, Akihiko, 2011. "Impatience, pollution, and indeterminacy," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1789-1799, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.