Qualité des emplois et genre : les effets croisés des statuts et des horaires de travail
AbstractThis paper deals with job quality in terms of job statuses, working time, working hours arrangements (flexible hours, week-end work, evening work, night work). We realise a cluster analysis of workers with these 3 dimensions of job quality from the French labour survey Enquête Emploi and we compare this analysis between 1993 and 2002. In the first time, results show a segmentation of the labour market in various categories, into different clusters far from a simplistic vision "good jobs" versus "bad jobs". Differences between men and women are very important in our findings. In the second time, a comparison between 1993 and 2002 focuses on two issues. On the one hand, the relations between job statuses, working time, and working hours arrangements persist. On the other hand, we highlight the growth of work flexibility and the deterioration of job quality. Women are particularly affected by the deterioration and mainly about types of hours.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques with number r06074.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Job quality; job statuses; working time; working hours arrangements; gender inequality.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare and Poverty
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marie Cottrell & François Michon & Patrick Letremy & Christèle Meilland & Simon Macaire, 2002. "Le temps de travail des formes particulières d'emploi," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 352(1), pages 169-189.
- Florent Fremigacci & Yannick L’Horty, 2005. "La qualité de l’emploi en France : tendance et cycle," Documents de recherche 05-19, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.