Some fixed point theorems for discontinuous mappings
AbstractThis paper provides a fixed point theorem à la Schauder, where the mappings considered are possibly discontinuous. Our main result generalizes and unifies several well-known results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1) in its series Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques with number b06066.
Length: 11 pages
Date of creation: Oct 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Schauder fixed point theorem; Brouwer fixed point theorem; discontinuity.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-25 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herings, P.J.J. & Laan, G. van der & Talman, A.J.J. & Yang, Z.F., 2008.
"A fixed point theorem for discontinuous functions,"
Open Access publications from Tilburg University
urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-357915, Tilburg University.
- Herings, P.J.J. & Laan, G. van der & Talman, A.J.J. & Yang, Z.F., 2005. "A Fixed Point Theorem for Discontinuous Functions," Discussion Paper 2005-4, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jean-Jacques Herings & Gerard van der Laan & Dolf Talman & Zaifu Yang, 2004. "A Fixed Point Theorem for Discontinuous Functions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-004/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Herings,Jean-Jacques & Laan,Gerard,van der & Talman,Dolf & Yang,Zaifu, 2005. "A Fixed Point Theorem for Discontinuous Functions," Research Memorandum 011, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- HERINGS, P. Jean-Jacques & van der LAAN, Gerard & TALMAN, Dolf & YANG, Zaifu, . "A fixed point theorem for discontinuous functions," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2154, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.