France 0 - 0 Brésil. L'échec du réformisme
AbstractThis paper compares the economic policies of the "left-wing" governements in France (1981-1986) and Brazil (2003-2007) and analyzes the causes, manifestations et consequences of the failure of these "reformisms". The originality of the French neoliberalism is to have been introduced by "socialist" leaders - the strategic turning point being probably taken as soon as the meeting of F. Mitterrand with R. Reagan and M. Thatcher in Versailles summit in June 1982. The Lula government did not diverge from the line of neoliberal reforms of its predecessors, and has even deepened it. In both cases, the peoples were thus maintained apart, as if one was afraid of them and reduced to a passive role of spectators of politics -like watching a scorer play. The result ? France 0 - 0 Brazil.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number r08001.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2008
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Economic policy; South; France; Brazil; neoliberalism; finance.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- H6 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.