Apprendre à bien lire : une étude coût efficacité des Actions Lecture
AbstractThis article presents a cost-effectiveness analysis of an innovative teaching method run in some nursery and primary schools in Paris. This project, named Action Lecture, is designed to improve pupils' abilities and taste on literacy. We report the results of an evaluation of this programm. We describe the experimental protocol that was built to estimate the program's impact on several types of indicators (academic abilities, attitude toward reading, school life) by comparing the evolution of treatment schools and control schools. Data were processed following a Differences-in-Differences (DID) method. Then we use the estimation of the impact on academic achievement to conduct a cost-effectiveness analysis and take a reduction of the class size program as a benchmark. The results are positive for the Action Lecture program both in terms of impact's evaluation and in terms of cost-effectiveness ratio.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne in its series Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne with number 10086.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: Sep 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 106-112 boulevard de l'Hôpital 75 647 PARIS CEDEX 13
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Economics of education; evaluation; cost-effectiveness analysis; field experiment.;
Other versions of this item:
- Marion Hainaut & Sébastien Massoni & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2010. "Apprendre à bien lire : une étude coût efficacité des Actions Lecture," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 120(5), pages 823-843.
- Marion Hainaut & Sébastien Massoni & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2010. "Apprendre à bien lire : une étude coût efficacité des Actions Lecture," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00543307, HAL.
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-27 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.