Programs Serving Transition-Age Youth: A Comparative Analysis of the U.S. and 10 Other Countries in the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD)
AbstractThis working paper summarizes policies and programs of 10 countries in the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD) that aim to improve the transition of youth with disabilities to appropriate and gainful employment. It highlights the following themes: (1) countries have engaged in a range of efforts to promote employment, (2) large-scale pilots have helped identify effective programs, (3) most countries have programs to improve access to adult services for people with disabilities, and (4) all countries have actively pursued ways to coordinate youth and adult services.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Mathematica Policy Research in its series Mathematica Policy Research Reports with number 7766.
Date of creation: 28 Feb 2014
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Mathematica Policy Research P.O. Box 2393 Princeton, NJ 08543-2393 Attn: Communications
Fax: (609) 799-0005
Web page: http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/
More information through EDIRC
Youth Transition; OECD; Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development; Comparative Analysis; Disability;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bonnie O'Day & David Stapleton, 2009. "Transforming Disability Policy for Youth and Young Adults with Disabilities," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 6217, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Richard G. Luecking & David Wittenburg, 2009. "Providing Supports to Youth with Disabilities Transitioning to Adulthood: Case Descriptions from the Youth Transition Demonstration," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 6341, Mathematica Policy Research.
- David Stapleton & Todd Honeycutt & Bruce Schechter, 2010. "Closures Are the Tip of the Iceberg: Exploring Variation in Who Receives State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Services," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 6661, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Thomas Fraker, 2011. "The Youth Transition Demonstration: Interim Findings and Lessons for Program Implementation," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7151, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Thomas Fraker & Anu Rangarajan, 2009. "The Social Security Administration's Youth Transition Demonstration Projects," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 6340, Mathematica Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joanne Pfleiderer) or (Joanne Lustig).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.