Determinants of Students' Success: The Role of Advanced Placement and Dual Enrollment Programs
AbstractThis study tracked all of Florida's 2000â€“2001 and 2001â€“2002 high school seniors and found that students who participated in dual enrollment classes on college campuses were 12 percent more likely to go to college and 7 percent more likely to earn a bachelor's degree than similar students who did not participate. Students who took these classes exclusively on the high school campus showed no statistically significant gains. The study found that dual enrollment and Advanced Placement participation also had similarly positive impacts.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Mathematica Policy Research in its series Mathematica Policy Research Reports with number 7289.
Date of creation: 30 Nov 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Mathematica Policy Research P.O. Box 2393 Princeton, NJ 08543-2393 Attn: Communications
Fax: (609) 799-0005
Web page: http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/
More information through EDIRC
Student Success; Advanced Placement; Dual Enrollment Programs; Education;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I - Health, Education, and Welfare
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klopfenstein, Kristin, 2004. "Advanced Placement: do minorities have equal opportunity?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 115-131, April.
- Kristin Klopfenstein & M. Kathleen Thomas, 2009. "The Link between Advanced Placement Experience and Early College Success," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 873â891, January.
- C. Kirabo Jackson, 2010. "A Little Now for a Lot Later: A Look at a Texas Advanced Placement Incentive Program," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 45(3).
- C. Kirabo Jackson, 2010. "The Effects of an Incentive-Based High-School Intervention on College Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 15722, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joanne Pfleiderer) or (Joanne Lustig).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.