Teacher and Principal Value-Added: Research Findings and Implementation Practices
AbstractThis report summarizes research findings and implementation practices for teacher and principal value-added models (VAM) as a first step in the Team Pennsylvania Foundationâ€™s pilot project to inform the development of a full, statewide model evaluation system. The report selected 21 empirical studies that describe key issues and findings in the literature and examined varying degrees of value-added implementation in seven school districts or states. It presents information aimed at VAM development: typical data elements, important modeling considerations, features specific to teachers or principals, and broad implementation features.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Mathematica Policy Research in its series Mathematica Policy Research Reports with number 6941.
Date of creation: 14 Sep 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Mathematica Policy Research P.O. Box 2393 Princeton, NJ 08543-2393 Attn: Communications
Fax: (609) 799-0005
Web page: http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/
More information through EDIRC
Value-Added; Pennsylvania; Charter Schools; Education;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I - Health, Education, and Welfare
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Aaronson & Lisa Barrow & William Sander, 2002.
"Teachers and student achievement in the Chicago public high schools,"
Working Paper Series
WP-02-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Daniel Aaronson & Lisa Barrow & William Sander, 2007. "Teachers and Student Achievement in the Chicago Public High Schools," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 95-135.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2008.
"Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement,"
NBER Working Papers
14442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2010. "Teacher Quality in Educational Production: Tracking, Decay, and Student Achievement," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 125(1), pages 175-214, February.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2008.
"Student Sorting and Bias in Value Added Estimation: Selection on Observables and Unobservables,"
170rothstein.pdf, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Jesse Rothstein, 2009. "Student Sorting and Bias in Value-Added Estimation: Selection on Observables and Unobservables," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 4(4), pages 537-571, October.
- Jesse Rothstein, 2009. "Student sorting and bias in value added estimation: Selection on observables and unobservables," NBER Working Papers 14666, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John H. Tyler & Eric S. Taylor & Thomas J. Kane & Amy L. Wooten, 2010. "Using Student Performance Data to Identify Effective Classroom Practices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 256-60, May.
- repec:pri:cepsud:1054 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joanne Pfleiderer) or (Joanne Lustig).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.