BOND Final Design Report
AbstractBOND will test innovations to address the financial disincentives and other obstacles to increasing incomes and reducing dependence on Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. The design to be tested replaces the SSDI "cash cliff," under which beneficiaries eventually lose all of their benefits if they earn over a minimal amount, with a "benefit ramp," a $1 reduction in benefits for each $2 earned above that minimal amount. The demonstration will also test the provision of more intensive counseling than offered under current law.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Mathematica Policy Research in its series Mathematica Policy Research Reports with number 6880.
Date of creation: 03 Dec 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Mathematica Policy Research P.O. Box 2393 Princeton, NJ 08543-2393 Attn: Communications
Fax: (609) 799-0005
Web page: http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/
More information through EDIRC
BOND; Benefit Offset National Demonstration; SSA; Disability;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Stapleton & Su Liu & Dawn Phelps & Sarah Prenovitz, 2010. "Longitudinal Statistics for New Social Security Disability Insurance Beneficiaries," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7041, Mathematica Policy Research.
- David H. Autor & Mark G. Duggan, 2006.
"The Growth in the Social Security Disability Rolls: A Fiscal Crisis Unfolding,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 71-96, Summer.
- David Autor & Mark Duggan, 2006. "The Growth in the Social Security Disability Rolls: A Fiscal Crisis Unfolding," NBER Working Papers 12436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nanette J. Goodman & David C. Stapleton, 2007. "Federal Program Expenditures for Working-Age People with Disabilities," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 6216, Mathematica Policy Research.
- David C. Stapleton & Joel Smith & Denise Whalen & Laura Kosar, 2011. "BOND Implementation and Evaluation: Proposal to Develop Enhancements to the Benefit Offset Simulation Model (BOSIM)," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7523, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Yonatan Ben-Shalom & Arif A. Mamun, 2013. "Return-to-Work Outcomes Among Social Security Disability Insurance Program Beneficiaries," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7987, Mathematica Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joanne Pfleiderer) or (Joanne Lustig).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.