School Choice in New York City After Three Years: An Evaluation of the School Choice Scholarships Program. Final Report
AbstractNotes test score impacts for African Americans but not Latinos after three years. Also reveals higher levels of parent satisfaction with private schools and some aspects of the school climate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Mathematica Policy Research in its series Mathematica Policy Research Reports with number 3181.
Date of creation: 19 Feb 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Mathematica Policy Research P.O. Box 2393 Princeton, NJ 08543-2393 Attn: Communications
Fax: (609) 799-0005
Web page: http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/
More information through EDIRC
Education; School Choice; New York City; Scholarships;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I - Health, Education, and Welfare
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henry M. Levin, 1998. "Educational vouchers: Effectiveness, choice, and costs," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 373-392.
- Bettinger, Eric & Slonim, Robert, 2006.
"Using experimental economics to measure the effects of a natural educational experiment on altruism,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1625-1648, September.
- Eric Bettinger & Robert Slonim, 2005. "Using Experimental Economics to Measure the Effects of a Natural Educational Experiment on Altruism," NBER Working Papers 11725, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric Bettinger & Robert Slonim, 2006. "Using experimental economics to measure the effects of a natural educational experiment on altruism," Artefactual Field Experiments 00008, The Field Experiments Website.
- David Myers & Daniel Mayer, 2003. "Comments on 'Another Look at the New York City Voucher Experiment.'," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 3517, Mathematica Policy Research.
- MacLeod, W. Bentley & Urquiola, Miguel, 2012. "Competition and Educational Productivity: Incentives Writ Large," IZA Discussion Papers 7063, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Welsch, David M. & Zimmer, David M., 2012. "Do student migrations affect school performance? Evidence from Wisconsin's inter-district public school program," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 195-207.
- Justine S. Hastings & Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger & Jeffrey M. Weinstein, 2005.
"The Effect of Randomized School Admissions on Voter Participation,"
NBER Working Papers
11794, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hastings, Justine S. & Kane, Thomas J. & Staiger, Douglas O. & Weinstein, Jeffrey M., 2007. "The effect of randomized school admissions on voter participation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 915-937, June.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2001.
"Vouchers for Private Schooling in Colombia: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment,"
NBER Working Papers
8343, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2002. "Vouchers for Private Schooling in Colombia: Evidence from a Randomized Natural Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1535-1558, December.
- Joshua Angrist & Eric Bettinger & Erik Bloom & Elizabeth King & Michael Kremer, 2002. "Vouchers for private schooling in colombia: Evidence from a randomized natural experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00203, The Field Experiments Website.
- Peter Z. Schochet & Hanley Chiang, 2009. "Technical Methods Report: Estimation and Identification of the Complier Average Causal Effect Parameter in Education RCTs," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 6286, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Pallas, Aaron M., 2010. "Meeting the basic educational needs of children and youth," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1199-1210, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joanne Pfleiderer) or (Joanne Lustig).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.