Two New Exponential Families Of Lorenz Curves
AbstractWe present two new Lorenz curve families by using the basic model proposed by Sarabia, Castillo and Slottje (1999). We present estimations which show that the models in our new families are very efficient when applied to data on income distribution for a range of countries from Shorrocks (1983).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Monash University, Department of Economics in its series Monash Economics Working Papers with number 20-07.
Length: 20 pages
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, Monash University, Victoria 3800, Australia
Web page: http://www.buseco.monash.edu.au/eco/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-08 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chotikapanich, Duangkamon, 1993. "A comparison of alternative functional forms for the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 129-138.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Ogwang, Tomson & Rao, U. L. Gouranga, 2000. "Hybrid models of the Lorenz curve," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 39-44, October.
- ZuXiang Wang & Yew-Kwang Ng & Russell Smyth, 2007. "Revisiting The Ordered Family Of Lorenz Curves," Monash Economics Working Papers 19-07, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Sarabia, J. -M. & Castillo, Enrique & Slottje, Daniel J., 1999. "An ordered family of Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 43-60, July.
- José-María Sarabia & Enrique Castillo & Daniel J. Slottje, 2001. "An Exponential Family of Lorenz Curves," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 748-756, January.
- ZuXiang Wang & Russell Smyth & Yew-Kwang Ng, 2009. "A General Method to Create Lorenz Models," Monash Economics Working Papers 06-09, Monash University, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simon Angus).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.