Le risque pays : approche conceptuelle et approche pratique
AbstractAlready evoked in the years 1970 by American economists such as Sargen, the concept of country risk returned to the front of the economic scene following the financial crises of the years 1990.The concept of country risk is not new insofar as it is inherent in the swaps between two economic entities of different countries.The country risk appears since the normal refunding of the foreign credit is opposed because of the economic, political, social and financial conditions prevailing in the country of the debtor.However, as no theory of the country risk really exists, it appeared necessary to us to highlight the inherent whole of dimensions to this concept.With this intention, it is convenient to release the various components, classified according to three complementary angles of incidence. The type of crisis refers to the nature of the entity which undergoes the country risk with the determination of the banking risk, the financial and industrial risk and, finally, of the commercial risk.The second approach is interested in nature of the risk, i.e. with the characteristics of the debtor entity. It is of the sovereign risk, the risk of transfer and the systemic risk. Lastly, the third angle of analysis sticks to the type of crisis, the origin of the operative events of crisis and this, thanks to the forward setting of the political risk and the economico-financial risk.(Full text in French)
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV in its series Documents de travail with number 72.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicholas Sargen, 1977. "Country risk," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue mar18.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.