Discrimination et marché du travail : concepts et théories
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV in its series Documents de travail with number 02.
Length: 65 pages
Date of creation: Aug 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marshall, Ray, 1974. "The Economics of Racial Discrimination: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 849-71, September.
- Bergmann, Barbara R, 1971. "The Effect on White Incomes of Discrimination in Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(2), pages 294-313, March-Apr.
- repec:pri:indrel:403 is not listed on IDEAS
- Spence, A Michael, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-74, August.
- Becker, Gary S, 1985. "Human Capital, Effort, and the Sexual Division of Labor," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages S33-58, January.
- Alexis, Marcus, 1973. "A Theory of Labor Market Discrimination with Interdependent Utilities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 296-302, May.
- Piore, Michael J, 1973. "Fragments of a "Sociological" Theory of Wages," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 377-84, May.
- Coate, Stephen & Tennyson, Sharon, 1992. "Labor Market Discrimination, Imperfect Information and Self Employment," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 44(2), pages 272-88, April.
- Swinton, David H, 1977. "A Labor Force Competition Theory of Discrimination in the Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(1), pages 400-404, February.
- Chiplin, Brian, 1976. "Nonconvexity of Indifference Surfaces in the Case of Labor Market Discrimination: Note," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 921-24, December.
- Stiglitz, J E, 1979. "Equilibrium in Product Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 339-45, May.
- Dennis J. Aigner & Glen G. Cain, 1977. "Statistical theories of discrimination in labor markets," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 30(2), pages 175-187, January.
- William A. Darity Jr., 1982. "The Human Capital Approach to Black-White Earnings Inequality: Some Unsettled Questions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 17(1), pages 72-93.
- Armen A. Aichian & Reuben A. Kessel, 1962. "Competition, Monopoly, and the Pursuit of Pecuniary Gain," NBER Chapters, in: Aspects of Labor Economics, pages 157-184 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Piore, Michael J, 1983. "Labor Market Segmentation: To What Paradigm Does It Belong?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 249-53, May.
- Moroney, J R, 1979. "Do Women Earn Less under Capitalism?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(355), pages 601-13, September.
- Gwartney, James & Haworth, Charles, 1974. "Employer Costs and Discrimination: The Case of Baseball," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 873-81, July/Aug..
- Goldberg, Matthew S, 1982. "Discrimination, Nepotism, and Long-Run Wage Differentials," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 97(2), pages 307-19, May.
- Phelps, Edmund S, 1972. "The Statistical Theory of Racism and Sexism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 659-61, September.
- Adama Zerbo, 2003. "Pauvreté urbaine au Burkina-Faso : une exploitation de la complémentarité empirique des approches de l'utilité et des capabilités," Documents de travail 80, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.