Generalization of a nonparametric co-integration analysis for multivariate integrated processes of an integer order
AbstractThis paper provides a further generalization of co-integration tests in a nonparametric setting. We adopt Bierens' approach in order to give an extension for processes I(d), with a fixed integer d. A generalized eigenvalue problem is solved, and the test statistics involved are obtained starting from two matrices that are independent on the data generating process. The mathematical tools we adopt are related to the asymptotic theory of the stochastic processes. The key point of our work is linked to the distinguishing between the stationary and non-stationary part of an integrated process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI in its series Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers with number esdp05026.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: 12 Jul 2005
Date of revision:
Multivariate analysis; Nonparametric methods; Co-integration; Asymptotic properties.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-07-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2005-07-18 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2005-07-18 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bierens, Herman J., 1997.
"Nonparametric cointegration analysis,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 379-404, April.
- Bierens, H.J., 1995. "Nonparametric cointegration analysis," Discussion Paper, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research 1995-123, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Phillips, P C B, 1991.
"Optimal Inference in Cointegrated Systems,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society,
Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 283-306, March.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1988. "Optimal Inference in Cointegrated Systems," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University 866R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Aug 1989.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1993.
"A Simple Estimator of Cointegrating Vectors in Higher Order Integrated Systems,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society,
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 783-820, July.
- James H. Stock & Mark W. Watson, 1991. "A simple estimator of cointegrating vectors in higher order integrated systems," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago 91-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Tom Doan, . "SWDOLS: RATS procedure to estimate cointegrating vectors using dynamic OLS," Statistical Software Components, Boston College Department of Economics RTS00207, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-80, November.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-76, March.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501, October.
- Engle, Robert F. & Yoo, Byung Sam, 1987. "Forecasting and testing in co-integrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 143-159, May.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Cerqueti, Roy & Costantini, Mauro, 2005. "Asymptotic convergence of weighted random matrices: nonparametric cointegration analysis for I(2) processes," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI esdp05027, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Lupi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.