Wage expectations in northern and southern Italian regions. An interpretation based on psychological and social factors
AbstractIndividual wage expectations of the Italian unemployed are studied. The analysis is carried out separately for the north-central and southern Italian regions. Results show a marked difference in expectations formation, with the northern unemployed using information more efficiently. A tentative explanation based on psychological and social factors is offered.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Molise, Dept. SEGeS in its series Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers with number esdp04016.
Length: 25 pages
Date of creation: 29 Mar 2004
Date of revision:
Publication status: published in International Review of Applied Economics, vol. 19, no. 3. pp. 343-358.
Wage expectations; cognitive dissonance; local labour markets.;
Other versions of this item:
- Maria De Paola & Claudio Lupi & Patrizia Ordine, 2005. "Wage expectations in northern and southern Italian regions: An interpretation based on psychological and social factors," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 343-358.
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-04-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2004-04-04 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2004-04-04 (Economic Geography)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Dominitz & C. F. Manski, .
"Using expectations data to study subjective income expectations,"
Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers
1050-94, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Jeff Dominitz & Charles F. Manski, 1994. "Using Expectations Data to Study Subjective Income Expectations," Econometrics 9411003, EconWPA.
- Jeff Dominitz & Charles F. Manski, 1994. "Using Expectations Data to Study Subjective Income Expectations," NBER Working Papers 4937, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giorgio Brunello & Claudio Lupi & Patrizia Ordine, 2005. "Labor Taxes in Local Labor Markets: Evidence from Italian Regions," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 64(1), pages 29-54, September.
- Mauro Costantini & Claudio Lupi, 2006. "Divergence and long-run equilibria in Italian regional unemployment," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 13(14), pages 899-904.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Lupi).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.