Trends and dynamics in the Italian labour market. An empirical evaluation using RFL data, 1993-2007
AbstractThe empirical analysis carried out in this paper represents the basis for the construction of the labour market module in the dynamic microsimulation model CAPP_DYN. Using LFS longitudinal data for the period 1993-2007, we describe the recent trends on the Italian labour market and provide an international comparison with other European countries. In order to investigate the determinants of labour market transitions, multinomial logistic regressions are implemented, and the estimated parameters are then used to model transition probabilities in the dynamic microsimulation model
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi" in its series Department of Economics with number 0661.
Length: pages 42
Date of creation: Jul 2011
Date of revision:
Labour Mobility; Multinomial Logit;
Other versions of this item:
- Sara Flisi & Marcello Morciano, 2011. "Trends and dynamics in the Italian labour market. An empirical evaluation using RFL data, 1993-2007," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0091, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- C40 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - General
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L Bellmann & S Estrin & H Lehmann & Jonathan Wadsworth, 1992.
"The Eastern German Labour Market in Transition: Gross Flow Estimates from Panel Data,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0102, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bellmann Lutz & Estrin Saul & Lehmann Hartmut & Wadsworth Jonathan, 1995. "The Eastern German Labor Market in Transition: Gross Flow Estimates from Panel Data," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 139-170, April.
- Matteo Picchio, 2008. "Temporary Contracts and Transitions to Stable Jobs in Italy," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 22(s1), pages 147-174, 06.
- Ichino, Andrea & Mealli, Fabrizia & Nannicini, Tommaso, 2006.
"From Temporary Help Jobs to Permanent Employment: What Can We Learn from Matching Estimators and their Sensitivity?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5736, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrea Ichino & Fabrizia Mealli & Tommaso Nannicini, 2008. "From temporary help jobs to permanent employment: what can we learn from matching estimators and their sensitivity?," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 305-327.
- Ichino, Andrea & Mealli, Fabrizia & Nannicini, Tommaso, 2006. "From Temporary Help Jobs to Permanent Employment: What Can We Learn from Matching Estimators and their Sensitivity?," IZA Discussion Papers 2149, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Leandro Elia, 2010. "Temporary/Permanent Workers' Wage Gap: A Brand-new Form of Wage Inequality?," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 24(2), pages 178-200, 06.
- Richard Disney & Carl Emmerson, 2005. "Public pension reform in the United Kingdom: what effect on the financial well-being of current and future pensioners?," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 26(1), pages 55-81, March.
- Angelo Marano & Paolo Sestito, 2004. "Older workers and pensioners: the challenge of ageing on the Italian public pension system and labour market," CeRP Working Papers 32, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Gagliarducci, Stefano, 2005. "The dynamics of repeated temporary jobs," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 429-448, August.
- Creedy, John & Disney, Richard & Whitehouse, Edward, 1993. "The Earnings-Related State Pension, Indexation and Lifetime Redistribution in the U.K," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(3), pages 257-78, September.
- Florence Jaumotte, 2003. "Labour Force Participation of Women: Empirical Evidence on The Role of Policy and Other Determinants in OECD Countries," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2003(2), pages 51-108.
- Chies Laura & Lucchetti Riccardo & Staffolani Stefano, 1998.
"Occupazione, disoccupazione, inattività: determinanti della mobilità tra stati in Italia,"
Rivista italiana degli economisti,
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 395-418.
- Laura CHIES & Riccardo LUCCHETTI & Stefano STAFFOLANI, 1997. "Occupazione, Disoccupazione, Intattivita': determinanti della mobilita' tra stati in Italia," Working Papers 86, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Fabio Berton & Francesco Devicienti & Lia Pacelli, 2007. "Temporary jobs: Port of entry, Trap, or just Unobserved Heterogeneity?," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 68, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Enrico Fabrizi, 2009. "The Determinants of Labour Market Transitions," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 68(2), pages 233-265, July.
- Gianna Barbieri & Paolo Sestito, 2008. "Temporary Workers in Italy: Who Are They and Where They End Up," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 22(1), pages 127-166, 03.
- repec:rie:review:v:3:y:1998:i:3:n:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emanuele Ciani & Donatella fresu, 2011.
"From SHIW to IT-SILC: Construction and Representativeness of the New CAPP_DYN First-Year Population,"
Department of Economics
0662, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Emanuele Ciani & Donatella Fresu, 2011. "From SHIW to IT-SILC: construction and representativeness of the new CAPP_DYN first-year population," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0092, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Morselli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.