Brokeraggio tecnologico nel settore metalmeccanico in Emilia-Romagna: dal Parco Scientifico Tecnologico ex-SIPE a CRIT srl
AbstractThis research proposes an investigation into the creation and the later development, in the Italian region of Emilia-Romagna, of a private company called CRIT Srl, constituted by a group of large and medium-sized mechanical firms. The purpose of CRIT is not only to act as a technology broker, but also to provide in-teraction spaces between firms, and to contribute to the establishment of new networks of firms, therefore acting as a scaffolding structure. The decision to set up CRIT, in 2000, emerged in the context of a project concerning the construction of a Science Park in Vignola (in the province of Modena) that had been discussed since the second half of the 1990s. After having outlined some important elements of the history of this project (PST ex-Sipe), we will examine the whole range of activities that CRIT had developed in the course of nine years, from 2000 to 2008. Over time, most of the services offered by CRIT, to member and non-member firms, underwent changes following the members’ proposals and their changing needs. This study is part of a wider research project, that investigates public policies and pri-vate interventions that sustain innovation in systems of SMEs. See Russo and Rossi (2009), Rossi, Russo, Sardo and Whitford (2009), Russo and Whitford (2009). The last paper, in particular, uses data that are presented in this work, and it analyzes the characteristics of the network created by CRIT’s actions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi" in its series Department of Economics with number 0614.
Length: pages 58
Date of creation: May 2009
Date of revision:
technology broker; science park; innovation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O25 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O31 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-07 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Morselli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.