Studies on the procyclical behaviour of banks
AbstractThe three papers in this volume investigate the same subject matter, the procyclicality of banking sector behaviour, from three different perspectives. The first paper of the volume focuses on some regulatory aspects of banks’ procyclical behaviour. The second paper deals both with the depth of financial intermediation and banks’ procyclical behaviour, as in the case of catching-up economies the two subjects are interrelated. The third paper describes some regulatory options that may encourage banks to prepare in due time for a deterioration in loan quality due to changes in the economic environment.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Magyar Nemzeti Bank (the central bank of Hungary) in its series MNB Occasional Papers with number 2002/10.
Length: 140 pages
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Pro-cyclicality; Basel Capital Accord; Credit risk; Provisioning; Regulation.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meriem Haouat & Diego N. Moccero & Ramiro Sosa Navarro, 2012.
"Foreign Banks and Credit Volatility: The Case of Latin American Countries,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(5), pages 1017-1033, November.
- Meriem Haouat & Diego Nicolas Moccero & Ramiro Sosa Navarro, 2010. "Foreign Banks and Credit Volatility: The Case of Latin American Countries," Working Paper Series wp2010-52, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Haouat, Meriem & Moccero, Diego Nicolas & Sosa Navarro, Ramiro, 2010. "Foreign Banks and Credit Volatility: The Case of Latin American Countries," MPRA Paper 22991, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maja Bajcsy).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.