Market prospects of meat and meat products in Russia
AbstractThis is a brief overview of the market of meat and meat products in Russia. Food products account for a significant portion of the costs residents of Russia. In 2000, these costs amount to more than 50% of all household expenditure. In this case the cost of meat and meat products 14.6% of all household expenditures. This shows how important place is the market of meat and meat products and its development prospects. Since the mid-sixties, then in the Soviet Union saw an increase in consumption of meat products. For example, the average consumption of meat increased in 1990 compared with 1960 in 1,6 times (from 41,8 to 68,3 kg. However, after the reforms, by 1997 every citizen of Russia consumes an average 46 kg of meat and meat products year, and in 1998 - 44 kg. FAO experts suggest that countries with economies in transition (including Russia) reached pre-reform level of consumption only in 2020. At the same time, some Russian experts (including the authors of the study) suggest that in Russia is the level will be reached before 2010 remains a question due to what sources of production, domestic or imported, will be covered is demand for meat and meat products.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Marketing, Marketing MBA (RSconsult) in its series Working Papers with number wpaper:1p.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2001
Date of revision: Dec 2009
agricultural economics; meat market; wholesale meat market; wholesale market of sausages; meat market of Russia; wholesale market of delicacies; market of meat products in the Moscow region; market research; expert method; «Milagro M»; marketing in Russian;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2010-02-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2010-02-05 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-TRA-2010-02-05 (Transition Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sidorchuk, Roman).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.