Gibbs Samplers for a Set of Seemingly Unrelated Regressions
AbstractBayesian estimation of a collection of seemingly unrelated regressions, referred to as a ‘set of seemingly unrelated regressions’ is considered. The collection of seemingly unrelated regressions is linked by common coefficients and/or a common error covariance matrix. Gibbs samplers useful for estimating posterior quantities are described and applied to two examples – a set of linear expenditure functions and a cost function and share equations from production theory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The University of Melbourne in its series Department of Economics - Working Papers Series with number 912.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 5th Floor, Economics and Commerce Building, Victoria, 3010, Australia
Phone: +61 3 8344 5289
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://www.economics.unimelb.edu.au
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard, J. F. & Steel, M. F. J., 1988. "Bayesian analysis of systems of seemingly unrelated regression equations under a recursive extended natural conjugate prior density," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 7-37.
- Kloek, Tuen & van Dijk, Herman K, 1978. "Bayesian Estimates of Equation System Parameters: An Application of Integration by Monte Carlo," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Chib, Siddhartha & Greenberg, Edward, 1995. "Hierarchical analysis of SUR models with extensions to correlated serial errors and time-varying parameter models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 339-360, August.
- Badi Baltagi & Alain Pirotte, 2011.
"Seemingly unrelated regressions with spatial error components,"
Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 5-49, February.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Alain Pirotte, 2010. "Seemingly Unrelated Regressions with Spatial Error Components," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 125, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Baltagi B-H. & Pirotte, 2010. "Seemingly Unrelated Regressions With Spatial Error Components," Working Papers ERMES 0902, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Chotikapanich, D. & Griffiths, W.E. & Skeels, C.L., 2001. "Sample Size Requirements for Estimation in SUR Models," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 794, The University of Melbourne.
- Smith, M. & Kohn, R., 1998.
"Nonparametric Seemingly Unrelated Regression,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
7/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Lluch, Constantino, 1973. "The extended linear expenditure system," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 21-32, April.
- BAUWENS, Luc & RICHARD, Jean-François, .
"A 1-1 poly-t random variable generator with application to Monte Carlo integration,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-644, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bauwens, Luc & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1985. "A 1-1 poly-t random variable generator with application to Monte Carlo integration," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 19-46.
- Kakwani, Nanak C, 1977. "On the Estimation of Consumer Unit Scales," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(4), pages 507-10, November.
- Griffiths, W.E. & Valenzuela, R., 2001. "Estimating Costs of Children from Micro-Unit Records: A New Procedure Applied to Australian Data," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 795, The University of Melbourne.
- Griffiths, William E. & O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Cruz, Agustina Tan, 2000.
"Imposing regularity conditions on a system of cost and factor share equations,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 44(1), March.
- Griffiths, William E. & O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Cruz, Agustina Tan, 1999. "Imposing Regularity Conditions On A System Of Cost And Factor Share Equations," Working Papers 12925, University of New England, School of Economics.
- Srivastava, V. K. & Dwivedi, T. D., 1979. "Estimation of seemingly unrelated regression equations : A brief survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 15-32, April.
- Griffiths, William E & Chotikapanich, Duangkamon, 1997. "Bayesian Methodology for Imposing Inequality Constraints on a Linear Expenditure System with Demographic Factors," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(69), pages 321-41, December.
- Smith M. & Kohn R., 2002. "Parsimonious Covariance Matrix Estimation for Longitudinal Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1141-1153, December.
- Richard, J. -F. & Tompa, H., 1980. "On the evaluation of poly-t density functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 335-351, April.
- Hanneke Geerlings & Cees Glas & Wim Linden, 2011. "Modeling Rule-Based Item Generation," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 76(2), pages 337-359, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marisa Cerantola).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.