Multivariate Generated Regressors and Heteroskedasticity in a Cross-Section: an Application to the Value of Neighborhood Schools
AbstractThis paper describes the estimation and testing of regression models that include multivariate generated or computed regressors in the presence of heteroskedasticity in the cross-section case. Heteroskedasticity is often a problem in cross-section data and the usual tests for its presence can not be applied when the heteroskedasticity is in some measure due to computed regressors. We investigate the case of multiple computed regressors that are generated from the results of a system of seemingly unrelated regressions and we proposed a method to test and correct the covariance estimates for unknown heteroskedasticity in the errors of the model of interest. In contrast to most time-series applications, we allow for the observation in the first step regression to be different from those for the second stage regression.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The University of Melbourne in its series Department of Economics - Working Papers Series with number 692.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 5th Floor, Economics and Commerce Building, Victoria, 3010, Australia
Phone: +61 3 8344 5289
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://www.economics.unimelb.edu.au
More information through EDIRC
ESTIMATOR ; REGRESSION ANALYSIS ; TESTING ; ECONOMETRICS;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C20 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jenny N. Lye & Joseph G. Hirschberg, 2002. "Tests of Inference for Dummy Variables in Regressions with Logarithmic Transformed Dependent Variables," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 852, The University of Melbourne.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marisa Cerantola).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.