Production Effects Of Price And Cost-Based Anti-Dumping Laws Under Flexible Exchange Rates
AbstractThis paper investigates the production response of an exporting firm when faced with the threat of an antidumping action. The firm's production decision is sensitive to market conditions at home and abroad, as well as to the definition of dumping. The authors examine the incentives facing the exporting firm under price-based, marginal-cost-based, and average-total-cost-based antidumping laws. Depending on the nature of the antidumping rules and market conditions, a firm's production may rise, fall, or remain unchanged in reponse to antidumping legislation.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan in its series Working Papers with number 224.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: 1988
Date of revision:
incentives ; dumping ; legislation ; production;
Other versions of this item:
- Michael P. Leidy & Bernard M. Hoekman, 1990. "Production Effects of Price- and Cost-Based Anti-dumping Laws under Flexible Exchange Rates," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 23(4), pages 873-95, November.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nelson, Douglas, 2006. "The political economy of antidumping: A survey," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 554-590, September.
- Belderbos, René, 2004.
"Antidumping duties, undertakings, and foreign direct investment in the EU,"
Open Access publications from UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain
info:hdl:2078/118538, Université catholique de Louvain.
- Belderbos, R. & Vandenbussche, H. & Veugelers, R., 2004. "Antidumping duties, undertakings, and foreign direct investment in the EU," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 429-453, April.
- Belderbos, Rene & Vandenbussche, Hylke & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2004. "Antidumping duties, undertakings, and foreign direct investment in the EU," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/101650, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Bruce Blonigen & Thomas Prusa, 2003. "The Cost of Antidumping: the Devil is in the Details," Journal of Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 233-245.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (FSPP Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.