Sraffa’s Ricardo after Fifty Years - A Preliminary Estimate
AbstractIt is the purpose of this paper to put Sraffa's Ricardo (Ricardo, 1951-73) in a historical perspective. After almost fifty years this appears to be timely on two grounds. First, as we shall have occasion to recall below, Sraffa had been singularly enshrined and made into a bloodless entity for a considerable time; only today it becomes possible to revive his image in flesh and blood and it seems proper to do so. Second the Sraffa archives at Trinity College have now been made accessible and it is expected that permission can be granted to make use of the extant documents for the purpose.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics in its series Working Papers with number 26.
Length: 27 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2000
Date of revision: Aug 2000
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hollander, Samuel, 1973. "Ricardo's Analysis of the Profit Rate, 1813-15," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 40(159), pages 260-82, August.
- Arrow, Kenneth J., 1991. "Ricardo's Work as Viewed by Later Economists," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 70-77, June.
- Samuel Hollander, 1998. "Sraffa in historiographical perspective: a provisional statement," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 430-436.
- Heinz Kurz, 1998. "Against the current: Sraffa's unpublished manuscripts and the history of economic thought," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 437-451.
- de Vivo, Giancarlo, 1996. "Piero Sraffa and the Mill-Ricardo Papers: A Comment," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(5), pages 637-39, September.
- Porta, Pier Luigi, 1996. "Piero Sraffa and the Mill-Ricardo Papers: A Rejoinder," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(5), pages 641-43, September.
- Pierangelo Garegnani, 2005. "On a turning point in Sraffa's theoretical and interpretative position in the late 1920s," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 453-492.
- Pier Luigi Porta, 2013. "What remains of Sraffa's economics," Working Papers 242, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised May 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roberto Reale).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.