A stochastic programming model of the sowing plan with crop succession restrictions
AbstractA user-friendly decision support model for agricultural production planning in the Czech Republic is developed covering both the randomness of harvest parameters entering the decision problem and the complex crop succession requirements. The methods of stochastic programming are applied and the linear re-sowing constraints are developed, described in detail and incorporated in such a way that the model can be approached by software tools commonly available at farms. The model abilities are demonstrated in the particular case of production planning decision making in the South Moravian farm. The re-sowing constraints themselves are verified with respect to covering the local crop succession requirements and the validation of the model as a whole is performed using a Monte Carlo simulation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics in its series MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics with number 2011-10.
Date of creation: Jun 2011
Date of revision:
stochastic programming; crop rotation; crop plan; agriculture optimization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-07-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-07-02 (Computational Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haneveld, W. K. Klein & Stegeman, A. W., 2005. "Crop succession requirements in agricultural production planning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 166(2), pages 406-429, October.
- Detlefsen, Nina K. & Jensen, Allan Leck, 2007. "Modelling optimal crop sequences using network flows," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 566-572, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luděk Kouba).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.