Organizational Characteristics and Performance of Export Promotion Agencies: Portugal and Ireland compared
AbstractExport Promotion Agencies (EPAs) have been in operation in developed countries since the beginning of the 20th century to improve the competitiveness of firms by increasing knowledge and competences applied to export market development.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia e da Inovação in its series GEE Papers with number 0046.
Length: 47 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2012
Date of revision: Jan 2012
Export Promotion Agencies; Organizational Performance; Portugal; Ireland;
Other versions of this item:
- Maria Inês Veloso Ferreira & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2011. "Organizational Characteristics and Performance of Export Promotion Agencies: Portugal and Ireland compared," FEP Working Papers 424, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-01-25 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HIS-2012-01-25 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-KNM-2012-01-25 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Volker Nitsch, 2005.
"State Visits and International Trade,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1582, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Volpe Martincus & Antoni Estevadeordal & Andrés Gallo & Jessica Luna, 2010. "Information Barriers, Export Promotion Institutions, and the Extensive Margin of Trade," IDB Publications 39358, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Lederman, Daniel & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Payton, Lucy, 2010. "Export promotion agencies: Do they work?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 257-265, March.
- Foss, Nicolai J. (ed.), 1997. "Resources, Firms, and Strategies: A Reader in the Resource-Based Perspective," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198781790.
- Andrew J. Cassey, 2009. "The Location of U.S. States' Overseas Office," Working Papers 2009-10, School of Economic Sciences, Washington State University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ricardo Pinheiro Alves).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.