A stochastic model for financiers
AbstractIn this work, two models for legal and illegal financiers are presented. The aim of the financiers are different: a bank try to minimize the defalt probabilityof the funded company, while the illegal financier aims to bring the company to bankruptcy and, at the same time, to obtain the maximum level of the firm's guarantee wealth. A couple of stochastic dynamic optimization problems are solved. The illegal case let intervene a numerical analysis of the microeconomic situation of the firm, strating fromreal data and writing new simulation�procedure in Matlab and GAMS. The legal case has been solved in closed-form, by using stochastic control theory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences in its series Working Papers with number 42-2007.
Date of creation: Oct 2007
Date of revision: Oct 2008
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-25 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bester, Helmut, 1994.
"The Role of Collateral in a Model of Debt Renegotiation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(1), pages 72-86, February.
- Bester, H., 1990. "The Role Of Collateral In A Model Of Debt Renegotiation," Papers 9060, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Helmut Bester, 1990. "The Role of Collateral in a Model of Debt Renegotiation," CEPR Financial Markets Paper 0001, European Science Foundation Network in Financial Markets, c/o C.E.P.R, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.
- Bester, H., 1990. "The Role of Collateral in a Model of Debt Renegotiation," Discussion Paper 1990-60, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Munda, Giuseppe, 2004. "Social multi-criteria evaluation: Methodological foundations and operational consequences," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 158(3), pages 662-677, November.
- Masciandaro Donato & Battaglini Marco, 2000. "Il vantaggio di bussare due volte: contratti bancari ed usura, diritti di proprietà, valore della garanzia e della rinegoziazione," Economia politica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 415-444.
- Cifarelli, Michele D. & Masciandaro, Donato & Peccati, Lorenzo & Salsa, Sandro & Tagliani, Aldo, 2002. "Success or failure of a firm under different financing policies: A dynamic stochastic model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 136(3), pages 471-482, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvana Tartufoli).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.