A Simple Measure of Beta-Convergence
AbstractWe propose a simple measure of beta-convergence which is not subject to Galton's fallacy. We illustrate our measure with OECD data for the period 1950-1988. We find evidence of sigma-convergence but little or no indication of beta-convergence over the period.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth in its series Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series with number n560495.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Beta Convergence; Sigma Convergence; Ranking; Income Distributions;
Other versions of this item:
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O50 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
- O51 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - U.S.; Canada
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.