Asymptotic Inference in Censored Regression MOdels Revisited
AbstractThis paper establishes that regressors in the models with censored dependent variables need not be bounded for the standard asymptotic results to apply. Thus, regressors that grow monotonically with the observation index may be acceptable. It also purports to provide an upper bound on the rate at which regressors may grow.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University in its series Center for Policy Research Working Papers with number 36.
Length: 14 pages
Date of creation: Feb 2001
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 426 Eggers Hall, Syracuse, New York USA 13244-1020
Phone: (315) 443-3114
Fax: (315) 443-1081
Web page: http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/cpr.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Longitudinal Data; Spatial Time Series
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olsen, Randall J, 1978. "Note on the Uniqueness of the Maximum Likelihood Estimator for the Tobit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1211-15, September.
- Lai, T. L. & Robbins, Herbert & Wei, C. Z., 1979. "Strong consistency of least squares estimates in multiple regression II," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 343-361, September.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain, 1981. "Asymptotic properties of the maximum likelihood estimator in dichotomous logit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 83-97, September.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1973. "Regression Analysis when the Dependent Variable is Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 997-1016, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kelly Bogart) or (Katrina Wingle).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.