A Framework for LGD Validation of Retail Portfolios
AbstractModeling and estimating the loss given default (LGD) is necessary for banks which apply for the Internal-Ratings Based Approach for retail portfolios. To validate LGD estimations there are only very few approaches discussed in the literature. In this paper, two models for validating relative LGDs and absolute losses are developed. The validation of relative LGDs is important for risk-adjusted credit pricing and interest rate calculations. The validation of absolute losses is important to meet the capital requirements of Basel II. Both models are tested with real data of a bank. Estimations are tested for robustness with in-sample and out-of-sample tests.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management in its series FEMM Working Papers with number 09025.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: Aug 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitätsplatz 2, Gebäude W und I, 39106 Magdeburg
Phone: (0391) 67-18 584
Fax: (0391) 67-12 120
Web page: http://www.ww.uni-magdeburg.de
More information through EDIRC
Loss Given Default; Validation; Retail Portfolio;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guido Henkel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.