DAD: a Software for Poverty and Distributive Analysis
AbstractDAD is designed to facilitate the analysis and the comparisons of social welfare, inequality, poverty and equity across distributions of living standards and using disaggregated data. It is freely distributed. DAD's features include the estimation of a large number of indices and curves that are useful for distributive comparisons as well as the provision of various statistical tools to enable statistical inference. Many of the features are useful for estimating the impact of programs (and reforms to these programs) on poverty and equity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by PEP-PMMA in its series Working Papers PMMA with number 2006-10.
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Pavillon J.A. De Seve, Québec, Québec, G1V 0A6
Phone: 1-418-656-2131, ext. 2697
Web page: http://www.pep-net.org
More information through EDIRC
Poverty; equity; inequality; statistical inference; software;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Awulachew, Seleshi Bekele & Erkossa, Teklu & Balcha, Yodit, 2008. "2nd Forum on Irrigation and water for sustainable development: 15 –16 December, 2008 Ghion Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia," IWMI Conference Proceedings 118411, International Water Management Institute.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Johanne Perron).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.