An Integrated Model of Quebec-Ontario-U.S. Northeast Softwood Lumber Markets
AbstractWe analyze an interregional softwood lumber trade model for the three main species (spruce, pine, and fir [SPF]) which are indigenous to QuÃ©bec, Ontario, and the U.S. Northeast. Demand for SPF softwood lumber is price elastic in Ontario and the U.S. Northeast, but not in QuÃ©bec. It is inelastic with respect to residential construction. Supply price elasticities are less than one. Policy instruments such as exchange rate, export taxes, Canadian federal sales tax, and cost of logs change exports and imports but with minor effects on prices. Export (import) duties are more effective in redirecting trade than is a stumpage fee applied by the provinces. Copyright 1997, Oxford University Press.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université Laval - Département d'économique in its series Cahiers de recherche with number 9517.
Date of creation: 1995
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Jean-Thomas Bernard & Luc Bouthillier & Jér�me Catimel & Nancy Gélinas, 1997. "An Integrated Model of Québec-Ontario-U.S. Northeast Softwood Lumber Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(3), pages 987-1000.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniels, Jean M., 2010. "Assessing the lumber manufacturing sector in western Washington," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 129-135, February.
- Mutuc, Maria Erlinda M. & Rejesus, Roderick M. & Pan, Suwen & Yorobe, Jose M., Jr., 2012. "Impact Assessment of Bt Corn Adoption in the Philippines," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 44(01), February.
- Song, Nianfu & Chang, Sun Joseph & Aguilar, Francisco X., 2011. "U.S. softwood lumber demand and supply estimation using cointegration in dynamic equations," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 19-33, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Johanne Perron).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.