Zum Einkommensreichtum Älterer in Deutschland-Neue Reichtumskennzahlen und Ergebnisse aus der Lohnund Einkommensteuerstatistik (FAST 2001)
AbstractThis contribution analyzes income richness of elder persons in Germany in 2001. Using actual data of the German Wage and Income Tax Statistics, which are particularly suitable for the analysis of high incomes, new richness indices are discussed and new results are presented. It appears that the the number of rich people in upper age groups are below the average. But deepening results point out the fact that the richness intensity and the concentration of high income are particularly pronounced for upper age groups. Taking into account partial components, which are necessary to the representation of richness, an above-average relevance of income richness can be ascertained for the elderly in Germany in 2001.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Research Institute on Professions (Forschungsinstitut Freie Berufe (FFB)), LEUPHANA University Lüneburg in its series FFB-Discussionpaper with number 73.
Length: 35 pages
Date of creation: Jan 2008
Date of revision:
Income distribution; Income richness; richness indicators; the elderly.;
Other versions of this item:
- Böhm, Paul & Merz, Joachim, 2008. "Zum Einkommensreichtum Älterer in Deutschland- Neue Reichtumskennzahlen und Ergebnisse aus der Lohnund Einkommensteuerstatistik (FAST 2001)," MPRA Paper 9037, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1995. "Revisiting the Sen Poverty Index," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1225-30, September.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-31, March.
- Thon, Dominique, 1979. "On Measuring Poverty," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 25(4), pages 429-39, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Merz).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.