Restricción vehicular y regulación ambiental: el programa “Pico y Placa” en Medellín
AbstractThis draft discusses the main instruments to mitigate environmental externalities, considering both the traditional goals of efficiency and equity and restrictions on information and technical and political feasibility. It is analyzed the program "Pico y Placa" in Medellín, a restricting vehicular mobility on the type of command and control, its efficiency and power using the theoretical results and some estimates of elasticities of demand for gasoline and vehicles in Medellin. It is recommended what are the policies most relevant to mobility and control pollution in a city as Medellín.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía in its series Grupo Microeconomía Aplicada with number 053.
Length: 36 pages
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.udea.edu.co/portal/page/portal/portal/A.InformacionInstitucional/H.UnidadesAcademicas/A.Facultades/CienciasEconomicas
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Apartado Aéreo 1226, Medellín - Colombia
Other versions of this item:
- Tobón Orozco, David & Vasco Correa, Carlos & Gómez Olivo, Blanca, 2010. "Restricción vehicular y regulación ambiental: el programa Pico y Placa" en Medellín"," BORRADORES DEPARTAMENTO DE ECONOMÃA 007018, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE.
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.