Mark-Up Pricing and Bilateral Monopoly
AbstractIt is an empirically established fact that managers use cost based percentage margins when they price their goods. As a consequence, percentage mark-ups should be determined as equilibrium choices. This paper incorporates this empirical observation into the analysis of competition among bilateral monopolists.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP in its series Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) with number 9622.
Length: 9 pages
Date of creation: Oct 1996
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Economic Letters, vol.54, 1977, pp. 179-184
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP, Internef, CH-1015 Lausanne
Phone: ++41 21 692.33.64
Fax: ++41 21 692.33.05
Web page: http://www.hec.unil.ch/deep/publications/cahiers/series
More information through EDIRC
bilateral monopoly; double marginalization; selling costs; mark-up pricing;
Other versions of this item:
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hugo Sonnenschein, 1968. "The Dual of Duopoly Is Complementary Monopoly: or, Two of Cournot's Theories Are One," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 316.
- Young, Allan Richard, 1991. "Vertical Structure and Nash Equilibrium: A Note," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(6), pages 717-22, December.
- Grant, Simon & Quiggin, John, 1994. "Nash equilibrium with mark-up-pricing oligopolists," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 245-251, June.
- Waterson, Michael, 1980. "Price-Cost Margins and Successive Market Power," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 94(1), pages 135-50, February.
- Gamal Atallah, 2000.
"Vertical R&D Spillovers, Cooperation, Market Structure, and Innovation,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Gamal Atallah, 2002. "Vertical R&D Spillovers, Cooperation, Market Structure, and Innovation," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 179-209.
- Gamal Atallah, 2000. "Vertical R&D Spillovers, Cooperation, Market Structure, And Innovation," Industrial Organization 0004009, EconWPA.
- ATALLAH, Gamal, 2000. "Vertical R&D Sprillovers, Cooperation, Market Structure, and Innovation," Cahiers de recherche 2000-16, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Atallah, G., 2000. "Vertical R&D Sprillovers, Cooperation, Market Structure, and Innovation," Cahiers de recherche 2000-16, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Wen-Chung Guo & Fu-Chuan Lai & Chorng-Jian Liu & Chao-Cheng Mai, 2012. "Symbiotic Production and Downstream Market Competition," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 40(3), pages 329-340, September.
- Wang, Jian-Cai & Lau, Amy Hing-Ling & Lau, Hon-Shiang, 2013. "Dollar vs. percentage markup pricing schemes under a dominant retailer," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 227(3), pages 471-482.
- Wang, Yao-Yu & Wang, Jian-Cai & Shou, Biying, 2013. "Pricing and effort investment for a newsvendor-type product," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 229(2), pages 422-432.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudine Delapierre Saudan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.