Tax-Benefit Linkages in Pension Systems (a note)
AbstractThis note shows that a public pension system with a fairly general individual tax-benefit linkage is (computationally) equivalent to a system without linkages. The "equivalent" pension system without linkages does not only facilitate simulations of policy experiments, but also offers some insight into the implied tax structure of the tax-benefit linkage.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP in its series Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) with number 00.20.
Length: 12 pages
Date of creation: Jul 2000
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Journal of Public Economic Theory, vol.4 (3), July 2002, pp. 405-415
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP, Internef, CH-1015 Lausanne
Phone: ++41 21 692.33.64
Fax: ++41 21 692.33.05
Web page: http://www.hec.unil.ch/deep/publications/cahiers/series
More information through EDIRC
public pensions; linkages;
Other versions of this item:
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Intertemporal Choice - - - Intertemporal Household Choice; Life Cycle Models and Saving
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans Fehr & Fabian Kindermann, 2009.
"Pension Funding and Individual Accounts in Economies with Life-cyclers and Myopes,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2724, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hans Fehr & Fabian Kindermann, 2010. "Pension Funding and Individual Accounts in Economies with Life-cyclers and Myopes," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, CESifo, vol. 56(3), pages 404-443, September.
- Hans Fehr & Fabian Kindermann, 2009. "Pension funding and individual accounts in economies with life-cyclers and myopes," Working Papers 2009/23, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Mathias Kifmann, 2004.
"Age-dependent taxation and the optimal retirement benefit formula,"
Working Papers of the Research Group Heterogenous Labor
04-20, Research Group Heterogeneous Labor, University of Konstanz/ZEW Mannheim.
- Mathias Kifmann, 2008. "Age-Dependent Taxation and the Optimal Retirement Benefit Formula," German Economic Review, Verein fÃ¼r Socialpolitik, Verein fÃ¼r Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 41-64, 02.
- Kerstin Roeder, 2009. "Optimal taxes and pensions in a society with myopic agents," Working Papers 2009/28, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudine Delapierre Saudan).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.