Full Market Opening In The Postal Services Facing The Social And Territorial Cohesion Goal In France
AbstractThe paper focuses on the impact of the Full Market Opening in postal services on the territorial cohesion. In the first section the paper recalls the specificities of the sector and the distance so far covered by deregulation. It underlines the reasons that raise worries. In the second section the paper analyses the territorial stake in France. Actual outlet network is notably extended and actively supports rural cohesion. It has been mostly preserved since WWII. A special law has introduced specific territorial obligations; however their funding is not entirely set.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg (France) in its series Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center with number 2007-07.
Date of creation: 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 61, Avenue de la Forêt Noire, F-67085 Strasbourg Cedex
Phone: (33) 3 90 41 41 30
Fax: (33) 3 90 41 40 50
Web page: http://ifs.unistra.fr/large/
More information through EDIRC
Postal services; deregulation; rural and territorial cohesion.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L87 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Postal and Delivery Services
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Crew, Michael A & Kleindorfer, Paul R, 1998. "Efficient Entry, Monopoly, and the Universal Service Obligation in Postal Service," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 103-25, September.
- Cremer, Helmuth, et al, 2001. "Entry and Competition in the Postal Market: Foundations for the Construction of Entry Scenarios," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 107-21, March.
- Boldron, François & Cremer, Helmuth & De Donder, Philippe & Joram, Denis & Roy, Bernard, 2007. "Social costs and benefits of the universal service obligation in the postal market," IDEI Working Papers 456, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Calzada, Joan, 2009. "Universal service obligations in the postal sector: The relationship between quality and coverage," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 10-20, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christophe J. Godlewski).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.