Perfect Competition or the Core
AbstractThe general concepts final settlement and competition defined by F. Edgeworth (1881) are redefined in a modern setting. The special application--exchange equilibrium--is compared to the later concept of the core. The history of exchange equilibrium is surveyed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 93-12.
Length: 18 pages
Date of creation: Oct 1993
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in: European Economic Review, 1995, 39(9) pp 1733-45
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark
Phone: (+45) 35 32 30 10
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk
More information through EDIRC
competition; exchange equilibrium; Edgeworth;
Other versions of this item:
- B12 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Classical (includes Adam Smith)
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Perfect Competition
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edgeworth, Francis Ysidro, 1881. "Mathematical Psychics," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number edgeworth1881.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1982. "Perfect Competition and the Core," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Hildenbrand, Werner, 1993. "Francis Ysidro Edgeworth: Perfect competition and the core," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 477-490, April.
- Jevons, William Stanley, 1871. "The Theory of Political Economy," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number jevons1871.
- Vind, Karl, 1983. "Equilibrium with coordination," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 275-285, December.
- Marshall, Alfred, 1890. "The Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number marshall1890.
- Sutton, John, 1993. "Echoes of Edgeworth: The problem of indeterminacy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 491-499, April.
- Marakulin, V., 2011. "Contracts and Domination in Competitive Economies," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 9, pages 10-32.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.